I have completed Synchronise Tables in V2, but the Converter still fails with a message “Database synch required”
This is a sign that the Converter isn’t connected to the current version of the Scratch Database. This is usually a problem caused by Windows deciding to secretly relocate the file. For a more detailed explanation, run the Converter, then Custom Setup, then click More Info.
Please follow the “Custom Setup” guidelines to manually connect to the proper version of the Scratch Database, using the first “Click to select file” button. If you can’t get it to work, contact Support.
HIN/SRN: how do I record historical whole-HIN transfers?
Note: this section only refers to the option where a HIN is transferred, unchanged, from one broker (“the First Broker”, below) to another (“the Next Broker”, below).
Please make sure that you do a database backup before starting this procedure, and after successfully completing each Owner. To check the results, run a Holdings Report, with separate parcels, on dates before and after each transfer: make sure that the Broker/HIN correctly represents the situation at that date. Then, shut down and restart Topshare and ensure that there are no Database Errors displayed.
This is the procedure for a single Owner (portfolio):
- If you have SRN shares that were purchased prior to the time you started using the First Broker, and these were transferred to the First Broker before the whole-HIN transfer, you will need to record these transfers first. Use Other Transactions|Transfer HIN, option 1, to record these transfers.
- Use Advanced|Customise HIN/SRN|Change Multiple Purchase to change all purchases to the First Broker, BUT: Do not include earlier SRN parcels that were transferred in Step 1. Also, do not include parcels that are already recorded against the First Broker.
- Use Advanced|Customise HIN/SRN|Change HIN on Dividends to change HIN on all dividends to the First Broker.
- Use Settings|Add or edit Portfolio to change the default Broker/HIN to the First Broker.
- Use Advanced|Customise HIN/SRN|Edit Existing HIN to delete any existing HIN for the Next Broker. Note: the Delete button won’t be activated until all existing references to the Next Broker/HIN are removed by the above 3 steps.
- Use Other Transactions|Transfer HIN, option 2, to record the HIN transfer. Make sure that you have the correct portfolio selected!
- Repeat from Step 6 if there are any subsequent transfers.
Repeat again from 1 for each remaining Owner (Portfolio).